Thursday 17 January 2013

So, It's Been Two Years


So here I am at the two year mark of my dreary slide into physical dependence. I think it's time to take stock.

Over the past year I've given up both walking and eating. My hands are basically flippers, except rather less useful, as I can barely raise them from my lap. My speech is sufficiently slurred that strangers have trouble understanding me,even when I can actually manage to speak through all the excess saliva that's always threatening to choke me.

Having said that, I'm still pretty cheerful and enjoying life. I do have a rather cool power chair and the state pays for my food, so its not all bad. I'll be getting an eye gaze system soon and I have brain-computer interfaces to play with. Lots of fun stuff. I'm starting to finally achieve my long held ambition to become a cyborg.

The house is mostly finished with just some electrics and automation to go.  It's looking really good too. Aside of a couple of powered ceiling hoists, you wouldn't know it was designed for a crip. I'll stick some piccy's up on FB soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment