Wednesday 16 January 2013

Oh, No It's Another MND Blog

Traditionally the first blog post sums up the purpose of the blog, and since I'm a stickler for tradition (not!), I shall do the same. The primary purpose is to answer the perennial question 'How are you?' Which normally elicits the polite rejoinder 'I'm fine', but with MND requires a rather fuller response. Which, with MND, is considerably harder to give. So, I shall endeavour to post regular updates on my condition, mental state, and the various trials and tribulations that comes with being a crip. Then, when I'm asked how I am, I can just reply RTFB.

The blog name actually comes from the phrase 'All watched over by machines of loving grace', but seemed appropriate given the sheer number of helpers, carers, healthcare professionals and  assorted bureaucrats who keep an eye on me now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am also dealing with ALS And know your difficulties. I imagine Mine are pretty similar (with the exception of a kidney stone). That said, I just thought I'd pop you a note to say I love your title of the blog. Very appropriate as no doubt become more reliance on machines and technologies. I know that this helps me stay sane as well.

    Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete